Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Long Over Due

Happy 10th Birthday to My first born child Rylee....

Dearest Rylee,
The days before you were even born, I thought I would be so prepared with a college degree, a career path that would impress everyone at my 10 year high school reunion, a savings account that the financial gurus urge you to have at least six months worth of your salary saved up for "emergencies" and a perfect white picket fence house to bring you into this world with, well...I did a few of those things. BUT nothing, not all the books, the advice, the professionals could have prepared me for compares to the moment in time I first met you on September 24, 1999 at
5:31 PM...

My heart, my soul, my self-centeredness realized that I had a more important role to fulfill honor and cherish from this day forward.

I was your MOMMY!!!!
And with that right, I took lots of pictures of you, of you and your daddy, of me and you and of the three of us of course. And looking back at the past decade of your existence I also learned a lot about who I was, who I wanted to be and who I needed to be for you. You, being the first had no idea in your first 10 years of life have taught me more than I have taught you. I want you to know that you have made this world a better place to live and love in...


And as the years passed, I knew I had to eventually let go of you slowly and share you with the world. At times I cringe at your style of dress, but not your style of friends, so for your 10th birthday, you chose to take your little sis and your best friend on a camping trip...

And thankfully, you still chose for your mommy and daddy to be with you....
Though, I know it won't be too long before you must go and experience this world on your own. Until then, I promise to keep learning how to be your mommy and loving you to the ends of the earth. Thank you for being my first....


Love,
Mommy





3 comments:

Tara said...

sniff sniff...that was the sweetest thing Betty! You are the best Mommy ever!

Tabitha said...

Happy Birthday Rylee!

Meredith2603 said...

Oh me. You got me bawling!!! What a sweet Mommy you are and what a precious little girl you got!