Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Texas Style Thanksgiving

I know, I know, it is Christmas time right now. However, if you are still tuning into my blog, you know I am a bit behind in keeping up these days! Excuses excuses! And blah, blah, blah...
I will just get started with it all began with a 13 hour drive one way, where we make our first stop to visit with one of my best friends since we were in the 7th grade! I miss her like crazy!
She takes our family out to lunch and of course...I had to take a picture of our kiddos. Her boys are the biggest ones. And she actually watches kids like I do and she brought them along, which are also kids from an old high school alum.
Then off to see GranApple and PapApple where we don't waste any time and get riding on the tractor...this is what you do in TX right?
Along with fishing...And receiving handmade with love one of a kind presents like these where you can hang your softball gear on...While brother receives the coolest specialty handmade wooden rubber band shooting gun ever! I think he likes it...
He likes it a LOT!!!Then off to Mom and Dad's Old Stomping Grounds, where we show them some cool "hamburger joints" we use to frequent, where of course the boy finds something he might enjoy.... We take a tour of the best college stadium ever. Those Aggies fought a good fight against them T-sippers! There's nothing like the Spirit of Aggieland.

And looks like he just couldn't wait. We are pretty sure he hasn't been the first or the last...
We then show them some more of the Aggie traditions...
some not sure I was ready to share, but some they needed to know!
And size up the boy for his future...

Then leave with a couple of souvenirs that are Biblically based of course...

Before we head off to grub at the best Mexican restaurant EVER to show off our TN style and visit with more of our dearly missed friends!




Mind you, those two older yet younger looking boys were just babies not too long ago.
Seriously, I knew them when they were about the age of my two oldest now!!!
Then of course, the dreaded goodbyes, and the hope to see you soons...came and broke my heart. However, the memories will last forever! Thank you TX for being the best Southern Hospitality around! WE love you!


And this is us fueling up for our 13 hour drive home to TN!
Where we Apples are super Thankful to be settling and raising our God given family!

2 comments:

Tara said...

I loved looking at all of the pictures Betty. As usual you are so great at telling a story through your photos. Looks like it was a terrific Thanksgiving! Now, I know you were REALLY pooped on Monday!

fernando said...

y tu pilin