Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Last Time I Checked

I am still the mommy, mom, or even the mother. I am pretty sure the legal age of relinquishing rights to your offspring is 18. I DO have the outwardly signs of a woman who has given birth, some that are to never be seen ever, even by me. You that have had 3 or more know exactly what I am speaking about. I have got the house with toys strewn all over the front yard, and on the inside toys busting at the seams, coloring books galore, scuff marks on the floors and walls, messy disheveled rooms, 10 mile high pile of laundry....Let's not forget to mention the "marks" here, there, and pretty much everywhere from stretching, pulling, sucking,tugging and the sleepless nights...

So, what am I getting at? This. I would not change any of the marks of motherhood and I am willing to take on more marks to protect my kids, my blessings,my right as a mom from the world trying to SEDUCE them into being years older than they should be! I refuse to give in or give up! What good am I if what I have seen did not change what I am doing? As the new school year approaches in 9 days and counting I pray these verses over all moms and dads.

Even though we speak like this, dear friends, we are confident of better things in your case-things that accompany salvation. God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you helped his people and continue to help them. We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure. We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised. Hebrews 6:9-12

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the passion that you and Keith have for raising Riley, Mia, and Nico according to God's way, not the world's way! The world's way seduces children and youth into growing up faster and convinces you that you are in control. Today's children are the next great godly generation. They have got to be stronger than we were at that age in knowing the attacks of the enemy. The enemy has gotten stronger and now uses more things to entice people away from truth. Your children are blessed because you and Keith continually pour life and truth into them...teaching them the importance of living according to godly principals. That is all that matters!