Friday, February 19, 2010

Distance, Time and Life...

That is what happens when families grow up and move out.
However, we all hope to at least make a phone call once a week, even text, or Facebook one another to say we love and miss you. I mean an old fashion hand written letter is a pretty ancient concept for us fast-paced, always on the go people, right?
Well, today's post is not about me and my woes, it is about the people, the family I was born into, I was married into, and the ones who married into ours.
I want to take a minute to personally say Happy Birthday to my mother-in-law.
I hope that you know though geographical location keeps us from seeing one another as often as we would like to, you are always thought of, talked about and loved by us. And our home and our hearts are always open for a phone call, a letter, and a personal visit at any time of the year.
I thank you for opening your heart to me and for doing such a marvelous job of raising your one and only son. I can see so many thoughtful, loving, stubborn even, compassionate, kind and respectable characters in him that could have only come from his mom. I hope to pass on as many of those good traits onto my own children.
I hope and pray this day is filled with God's beautiful precious blessings that were all intended for you!

And to my sweet beautiful sister and her poor unsuspecting husband, thank you for carving out time on Valentine's weekend to spend with us a scrumptious dinner out, a fun night of games and yummy sundae desserts, warm hotel-like beds to sleep in and waking up to delectable smells of a homemade continental style breakfast! And though distance is not so far between us, life brings us so many challenges of seeing one another as often as I would like. But, I am thankful we purposely make time on our busy calendars to catch up and hang out and I will savor those moments forever in my heart. Love to you all both! And look forward to our next event!!!


And here I end with my mom who was born on Valentine's day way across the oceans who came to these parts of the world with just me, your husband, and big hopes and dreams.
Happy birthday to you mom. And because this is my blog, my thoughts, my heart I want to say I hope you still visit those hopes, those dreams of yours mom from time to time. I see so much light in your eyes that just needs to be reminded by those of us you have touched through the years...you are worth it! You have taken care of so many lives and still are today, but it is your turn to live, to love like there is no tomorrow and that is my hope, my prayer for you this year.

I hope you had a great birthday and know that I still think of you as the most beautiful woman in the world today as I did at the age of seven.
I love you MOM.

3 comments:

Tara said...

That was such a sweet post! It is very evident that family means to world to you! You are so blessed as am I.

Maddy said...

i thnk thats a good mother daughter pic. so sweet

Anonymous said...

such a good mother daughter pic.so sweet


Maddy Darden