Thursday, August 20, 2009

Chores, Reflecting & Funny Face

With the new school year officially in session, lots of new and exciting changes have been put into practice. For one...the 5th and 2nd grader have been given specific chores to do each day, which they have both been doing quite well I must boast a bit! It has been challenging on my part to not "correct" their way of doing the tasks in order to allow them room to learn and grow...I love to watch who is more task oriented and who would rather put it off until she absolutely has to. Take a guess which one is which???

Along with their chores, they have both been doing "quiet time"...to me that has been inspiring to know that they are carving out 10-15 minutes of their young life to read the Bible, an extra devotional chapter from a book that is age specific and then journal a prayer. The journaling a prayer was actually their own idea...sniff sniff.


As for the little man who is soon to be the big brother...he is making up his own "comedy routine" that has been quite humorous mainly to him and yes a little to mom and dad. However, I don't think that when he says to me, "mommy, do you want to see my funny face?" and I reply "of course I do" He proceeds to turn around and MOON me! Yes!!! I did say MOON me is going to be too funny to others. So...we have been practicing making "funny faces" with our real faces and not so much with our rear ends. Though...it was quite hilarious and I was unable to do nothing but laugh uncontrollably!!!


So...here's some of their funny faces and boy do I love how silly they can get! If only I can remember, not to take everything so serious myself!!!


4 comments:

jam'n bell said...

the mooning thing must be a boy thing. both of mine went through that phrase.

love the bible & journaling time.

hope the pregancy is going well.

Anonymous said...

SO funny!!! Maybe he got that from his daddy. He is quite the comedian himself. I love my little babies. They are growing up so fast. I am so proud of all of them Love, Auntie Ivey

Kyla said...

Thank you so much for sharing those funny "faces" hee hee. You know that Chris carpenter went through the same phase in his 20s!!!! He was actually going to make a coffee table book of places he is mooning! Yes, this is the man I love

My Barnes Boys said...

I have been witness to several conversations in the car on the way home from school where the girls discussed their chores. The personal Bible time is wonderful!

That is one of the many joys of parenting... when your sweet lil' ones do something that you laugh at instinctively... but you have to try to control yourself so that they aren't encouraged! (Of course, when I showed up to pick up my boys, saw the 'show,' and laughed out loud probably didn't help!)